Friday, March 6, 2009

why decorating your cube can be a bad idea...

An undecorated cube at work means that you are a very boring person (so I decorated mine).  I sit and stare all day at the Cute Overload Calendar and some pictures taken at the Lion Shrine.  All of the sitting and staring got me to thinking one day... I'll just explain my entire train of thought.

When you're a Senior at Penn State, you get the opportunity to suggest and vote on Senior Class Gifts.  I always wanted my class to be remembered by something awesome, so while walking around campus I'd try to think of neat things.  Some of the more memorable class gifts are the HUB aquariums, Sundial on Old Main lawn,  LION SHRINE.  Being that was supposed to graduate in 2008, I associated with that gift the most.  2008 gave the gift of... [drumroll] "Gateway Element at Atherton and Curtin Roads." BOOO.

So back to my sitting and staring... looking at pictures of cute kittens, and a giant cat statue, kittens, Nittany Lion, kittehs, statue...  both awesome things... Why not combine them?!

Here's my Senior Class Gift Idea: Nittany Kitten!

Think of all the people that take pictures with the Lion.  How many little kids, or kitten lovers take pictures there too?  Wouldn't they love a Nittany Kitten to take pictures with?   I know I would.  The Nittany Lion was a kitten once, so its completely legit.  Anyways, I've included some artist renderings (photos from Google Image Search) of the proposed statue.






No comments: