Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'm so close to winning the game of College



With only one week of college left, its time to procrastinate and blog.  After living in State College for four years, I'm going to miss some of the unique things about Happy Valley.  Walking to class, you can't be surprised at anything you see.  I've seen a hoarde of almost naked people protesting sweatshops walking down Pollock (and was photographed in the background, published front page in the Collegian), kids on a rope, the Chicken Man, the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile, tightrope walkers in the trees on the Mall...you get my point.

I've had many fun explorations here, finding Easter Eggs in January around campus, posing with the children statue near the Alumni Center, going to the Circus in the BJC, a LAN party (...), and many more that I can't remember now - but I'm sure they were fun.

In eight days, I have to squeeze in so many things that I have left to do.  The Collegian has their own list of "10 things to do before graduation."  Only a few of them really look interesting:
  • I have to get a tatoo.  I'm thinking paw prints?
  • Trek up Mount Nittany.  Now this I'm not so sure of, I'm not a fan of the cold.
  • Adopt a bench.  How about a computer chair in the castle (IST)? And I already have a tree.
Penn State has been featured in some national "What to do before you graduate" lists.  As Penn Staters we're supposed to camp out at Paternoville and order a pint of Peachy Paterno at the Creamery.  I've missed camping out for Paternoville - I'm okay with that.  I stood in line my freshman year and got first row seats, we had a losing season, but it was still an amazing experience.  Since the Creamery moved, I've been there only twice.   I did drive past JoePa's house - didn't see him though.  I need to eat at the Waffle Shop, buy my Penn State Alumni apparel, and many many more things.  Any more suggestions?

Note: 8 minutes after I posted this, the Senior Class Gift people called me...weird.

1 comment:

Jason Wagner said...

At least we accomplished a few of these things so far... We DID buy penn state apparel, we DID go to Waffle Shop (and Pizza hut!!), and plenty of trips to indigo. Not bad, not bad.