Thursday, December 11, 2008

RipenedCoho?

For the past few months, I've been getting IM's from the screen names adjectiveCoho.  Today, RipenedCoho talked to me.  This time I decided to respond and it turns out it was someone named Leah.

The Coho "bot" relays messages between two unsuspecting IM users.  It has something to do with LiveJournal, but either way its kind of creepy.  I had no idea what Coho was when they contacted me the first few times.  My only thought was that it was some sort of bad word that I didn't know the meaning of (which is partially true).

This Coho bot is part of TheGreatHatsby, which I found from wikipedia.  I feel special that TheGreatHatsby has chosen to contact me.  But now, since I've talked to the random confused person on the other side, I'd be okay if they never contact me again.  Lets hope this works.

Dear GreatHatsby,
I hate your stinkin guts.  You make me vomit.  You're the scum between my toes.
Love,
Alexis

2 comments:

diannebunny said...

I was also contacted by a coho bot. I looked up their username and I found some directions to type $optout to block them. It's the strangest thing isn't it?

Gary said...

I was contacted aug 6 2009 by ripenedcoho asking: I dare you to do something unexpected.
So I hung up. LOL