Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Western PA Lawn "Art"

Note: These are not actual pictures, however, very similar instances do exist in Indiana, Pa

Art can come in many different forms.  Top Gear recently said the Alfa Romeo 8C was "a centerfold...fourteen feet of art."  However, the 8C is 159,300 euros or $205,000 US Dollars.  I don't think many people in Western PA can have the 8C sit in their yard as a piece of "art."  So what do people in Indiana put in their yard to decorate?

Toilets.  Yes, toilets.  Maybe this was part of a neighbor feud, but a house less than one mile from mine has two toilets (with plants in them) outside...
Flamingos.  I admit, I've put flamingos in yards before - but it was to raise money for my church youth group.  People would pay to "flamingo" someone elses yard, and then the unlucky family had to pay to get them removed.  It was alot of fun to try and stealthily put 30+ flamingos in a yard without getting caught.  Problem is, some people really have them as decorations.
Fake Deer.  Now this, I really don't understand.  We have enough deer around here that you can look out your window and see real living deer instead of a badly painted replica.  Nevertheless, fake deer lawn ornaments are very popular.  Usually seen in small groups of two or three, these deer are a great addition to the Western PA lawn.

2 comments:

Jason Wagner said...

I think I need to make a visit to Indiana, PA... Sounds like a very interesting place. Nice post! You're beating me with your creativity/randomness once again!

Mike said...

I always enjoy the old tractors tires that are painted. Then they put flowers in them to spice things up a bit. What also is fun are wooden propelor ducks and planes.